We are on the lookout for a creatively confident designer to be a key part of our growing Experience team at Cohaesus. If you love to bring brands to life, care about the planet, people, are a team player that wants to make us the best we can be – then please get in touch.
At Cohaesus we are passionate about creating sustainable solutions that work for everyone.
When we say ‘sustainable’ this means our goal is to ensure that the solutions we create are not only scalable and future-proof for our clients – but we make low carbon footprint design and dev decisions that benefit the future of our planet.
When we say ‘for everyone’ we remove barriers to exclusion, opening up access beyond WCAG 2.2 accessibility standards – using inclusive design principles. We are adamant on ensuring users of our products and services can participate equally and fairly.
We work predominantly with the 3rd sector; charities, start ups and government bodies who are doing good for people, (puppies) and the planet. We love our clients and want to do the best work we can for them and their customers/users/(dogs… and cats) which means we need the best people to make it happen.
Our mission is to grow a team of the best Experience Designers, who can think about the big picture and zoom in on the important challenges to solve for our clients. As a lead designer on our team, you will be given the autonomy to build out our approaches to designing across multiple digital touchpoints for our clients. You love the pitch process and can lead the creative direction for new clients. You will need to be able to manage multiple projects across a variety of industries and will craft high-quality, engaging and impactful interface designs.
You take great pride in crafting a great product, building out comprehensive design systems and leading the design thinking process. You’ll mentor more junior members of the design team and be actively involved in cultivating our design principles.
- Raise the quality of design output across the company by implementing and evolving design principles, design systems and guidelines
- Explore creative approaches that bring the UX team’s prototypes to life while also meeting the needs of the clients brand
- Working alongside UX and data team members to take data and user research, and apply these insights to digital experiences
- Be able to understand a client’s brief, planning and executing design and creating appealing, highly usable interfaces
- You challenge and evolve our processes, ensuring we are making use of the best tools and practises
- You will be able to create reliable estimates for design activities for the design team during the pitch and kick off process
- You will ensure that your work meets the appropriate accessibility and usability standards across various platforms and experiences e.g apps, websites and in-situ digital experiences
- You will own and produce accurate and reliable design documentation where appropriate that meets the needs of developers, other designers or clients
- You will collaborate on developing our inclusive and sustainable design principles, evangelising and scaling them across our teams as well as consulting clients on these
- You will have a strong ability to collaborate and communicate with teams – from engineers to clients to fellow designers
- You are keen to get stuck into detailed design decisions i.e. designing dropdowns or radio buttons one day, then also developing our strategic approach to design systems or pitching the next
- Able to clearly define and communicate the ‘why’ behind experiences that are designed to both clients and internal stakeholders and articulate your design approach
- Able to adapt approach and deliverables to the needs of the client and to the available timeframe while maintaining a high quality of output and service
- Able to collaborate actively with others in cross-functional teams with ability to deal with ambiguity and change associated with an agile approach.
- Able to continue to improve your skills and approach through the adoption of new techniques or software which improves the quality and efficiency of design at Cohaesus
How to apply
If you are interested, please send us the following via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A cover letter stating why you are interested
- Your CV
- A portfolio, if you have one
We look forward to hearing from you!